Oliiki Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was published 25th May, 2018.
At Oliiki we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job with Oliiki.
Who are we?
Oliiki develops and delivers the software app (Oliiki First 1000 days baby brain builder) that supports your child’s early brain development. The headquarters’ registered office address is 18 The Street, Braughing, SG11 2QF, United Kingdom.
Oliiki is the data controller and our dedicated person of responsibility for data protection queries is Clare Stead who can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make a subject access request.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our products.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Oliiki marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Oliiki.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on Oliiki.com (e.g. to download an app or a whitepaper).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to a Free Trial of Oliiki app.
- Provide access to our Customer Support portal or the Oliiki Community website.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Oliiki directly or with a Oliiki partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Oliiki and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your child’s name and birthday information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our Community website, the information can be read by anyone with access to the Community site and used for purposes over which Oliiki or you have no control. Therefore, Oliiki is not responsible for any information you submit to the Community website.
If you apply for a job at Oliiki, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Oliiki does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Oliiki holds about you.
- The right to request that Oliiki corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer or partner and you have registered a profile on our Community website, you may update your user profile by logging into Community and selecting “Edit Profile”.
- If you are a customer and using Oliiki Online, you may update your user profile in Oliiki by logging into Oliiki and choose the option “Show my contact info” to edit your details.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Oliiki to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Oliiki, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Oliiki provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
If a new sub-contractor is signed or a change of sub-contractor is performed related to our Oliiki Online service, the customers will be notified in line with our Terms of Service. A directory of approved sub-processors is part of our Data Processing Agreement available in the Trust Center.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Oliiki reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
[18 The Street, Braughing, Hertfordshire, SG11 2QF]
Our Web Site
We try to make sure our web site is accessible and easy to use for everyone - whatever browser you use, your visual abilities, or your internet experience.
To make our site useable and accessible...
- it can be navigated using just the keyboard - using the tab key to jump from link to link or shift + tab to go backwards.
- it uses web safe colours and accessible fonts
- we've tried to use plain English
- it has been tested in a variety of browsers
- we've 'optimised' our search results to try to make it easy for you to find what you want using the search box in the header
- you can change the font size using your browser's settings. Usually this is via a Tools, Options or View menu, depending on your browser
- we've ensured that all images are for decoration and enhancement only. You do not need them to access the content of the site, so if you cannot see the images, you can still use the site.
Our Mobile App
We try to make sure our mobile app is accessible and easy to use for everyone - whatever mobile device you use, your visual abilities, or your mobile experience.
To make our mobile app useable and accessible...
- We have minimised the amount of information that is put on each page
- We have provided a reasonable font size for default size content
- We have positioned form fields below their labels.
- We have carefully selected our colours and fonts to help with visual clarity
- Touch targets are large and noticeable with adequate spacing
- Touch screen gestures are simple to implement
- Buttons are easy to access
- We have set the screen orientation to portrait
- The page layout is consistent
- The important information is visible before the page scroll
- We have set the virtual keyboard the type of data entry required
- We provide easy methods for data entry
- You can change the font size using your device’s settings. Usually this is via a Settings option
Does it work for you?
Are we succeeding? We'd welcome any feedback about whether you've found our mobile app is easy to use, or not. Please email us at email@example.com.
Does it work for you?
Are we succeeding? We'd welcome any feedback about whether you've found our site easy to use, or not. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet accessibility help
The BBC provide comprehensive guides to enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability. See My Web My Way on the BBC website.
Web and accessibility standards
We are working on improving the accessibility of our web pages and applications that do not conform to accepted standards and guidelines including the web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) Level "AA"
We are continuously seeking to improve the accessibility of the website. If you have any difficulties using this site that you believe we could address, please let us know. Contact us at email@example.com
It would be helpful if your e-mail contained the following:
- the web address of the pages you're having difficulties with
- how you are accessing the site, for example on your phone, on a laptop, on a tablet
- If on a laptop or tablet, which browser you are using, for example, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- the nature of your disability, if any
- a description of the problem.
For more information see: